The OHSAS 18001 standard is primarily concerned with occupational health and safety management.
This means what what we do to:
- promote management commitment and employee involvement
- analyze the worksite to identify potential hazards
- develop and maintain controls for workplace hazards
- achiee continual improvement of our occupational health and safety performance
Sofix operates an Occupational Health and Safetly Management System which complies with the requirements of OHSAS 18001 for the following scope:
Management Systems for the Quality, Environmental, and Occupational Health and Safety risks associated with the Manufacture, Warehousing, and Distribution of chemicals.
Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety Policy
We, the employees of Sofix, are committed to conducting our operations to comply with relevant legislative and statutory requirements described in ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- To review the objectives and targets of our environmental, occupational health and safety programs and determine the suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the established system and ensure continuous improvement
- To minimize pollution and conserve resources and energy by setting relevant objectives and targets in waste reduction and consumption of resources and energy
- To conduct adequate planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- To commit to eliminate preventable work related injuries and illness by conducting adequate planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- To promote continuous training for all employees on environmental, occupational health and safety awareness and share experience with interested parties, suppliers, and customers
- To promote ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards to interested parties suppliers and customers
- To provide to interested parties our progress in these endeavors
- To document, implement, maintain, and to periodically review our Policy to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to Sofix
- Furnish to each of our employees a place of employment which is free from recognized hazards that cause or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm
- Continually improve our Health and Safety programs to reduce risks related to Sofix activities, and products
- Meet or exceed all regulatory, legal and other requirements